Print Friendly and PDF Velicious: Chocolate smoothie

October 09, 2016

Chocolate smoothie

This is actually an undercover green smoothie, but the addition of cocoa powder obviously makes it brown; and even better...makes it taste like liquid chocolate. Does it get any better? I think not :)
I prefer to pour my smoothie in a bowl with loads of toppings, but you can of course just drink it. Up to you.


I use a high powered blender for my smoothies. You need a quite powerful machine to blend the frozen ingredients, and get it completely smooth.

What you need:

- 400 ml plain plant milk
- 100 grams frozen, shelled edamame
- 150 grams frozen spinach
- 2 frozen bananas
- pure cocoa powder to taste (I'd say 2-4 tbsp)
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder

Optional:
- 1 tsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp maca powder


- Pour some boiling water over the frozen edamame, and set aside while you prepare the rest.

- Everything else just goes into a blender.

- Drain the edamame, and rinse under cold water to cool them back down. Then add to the blender.

- Now blend away. You might need to add a little more milk, if the blender struggles.


- Drink, or make a smoothie bowl with loads of toppings: fresh fruits, fresh berries, granola, hemp hearts, cocoa nibs etc etc.


Check out the recipe for my favorite green smoothie. Find it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment