Print Friendly and PDF Velicious: Green smoothie

August 20, 2016

Green smoothie

Who doesn't love a green smoothie? Well, for a long time I didn't. I just couldn't find the combination of fruits and greens, that was just right for my taste buds.
I did succeed in the end though, hallelujah :)

So I want to share my recipe with you, and hopefully your taste buds will like it too :)

I prefer to pour my smoothie in a bowl with loads of toppings, but you can of course just drink it. Up too you.



I use a high powered blender for my smoothies. You need a quite powerful machine to blend the frozen ingredients, and get it completely smooth.

What you need: (this is a big portion)
- 300 ml. water (coconut water is also delicious)
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled
- 100 grams frozen, shelled edamame
- 225 grams frozen spinach
- ½ frozen banana (or ½ avocado)
- a piece of fresh ginger (as much or as little as you like)
- 1 tsp licorice powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder


- Pour some boiling water over the frozen edamame, and set aside while you prepare the rest.

- Everything else just goes into a blender.

- Drain the edamame, and rinse under cold water to cool them back down. Then add to the blender.

- Now blend away. You might need to add a little more water, if the blender struggles. You know the drill, I'm sure :)


- Drink, or make a smoothie bowl with loads of toppings: fresh fruits, fresh berries, granola, hemp hearts etc etc.


If you have leftover smoothie, try adding some chia seeds, and refrigiate. Then you have a quick, healthy snack for later, or even for breakfast the next day. Eat it as is, or pimp it up, as I like to do :)













No comments:

Post a Comment